How to use Simple Search
Use a Simple Search to quickly find Identify Records by organization name, Ringgold ID or ISNI.
Access Simple Search in two ways: either use the quick-access search box at the top-right of the page or from the Search menu:
Click Search at the top of the page from anywhere within Identify Online. Enter an organization name, a known Ringgold ID, or ISNI then Click the search button or hit enter on your keyboard.
Find organizations by their legal name in both the local and English-translated spelling e.g. Oxford University or University of Rome. Simple Search will find Identify Records containing both words in the organization name or alternate names, e.g. ‘Oxford’ and ‘University’.
Tip: To improve relevance, enter the most significant or unique words from a name or try these options:
- CAPITALIZED Boolean operators (AND, OR, NOT)
- Phrase search using quotation marks eg “University of Oxford” or “Oxford Brookes University”
- Use an asterisk for a wildcard searches eg medic* will find all records containing names such as medical and medicine in the name
- Fuzzy matches are not enabled in Simple Search. Use Advanced Search for enhanced features
- Will also search on alternate names such as acronyms, former names, etc.
Enter known Ringgold Identifiers here, e.g. “1812” will find the Identify Record for Harvard University.
International Standard Name Identifier search. Enter known ISNIs here, e.g. “000000041936834X” or “0000 0004 1936 834X” will find the Identify Record for University of Sydney.